Thursday, February 24, 2011

MRI...and more

Well, I had my MRI this past Monday. I did NOT like that monster! It was way too loud! My ears were ringing for about an hour after it was over despite the fact that they gave me earplugs! Anyhow, the results were not very pleasant. I have some how fractured the bone and it split enough to cut off the blood supply to the bone. (Who knew that was possible?) Anyhow, the doctor said that the blood supply is starting to come back and that I have to start taking a low dose aspirin to keep it from clotting. I also have to keep weight off my foot. I can use my heel to maintain balance, but that is it. I have a cast and am supposed to have that for about a month, possibly longer. I go back to the doctor in exactly one month to see if I still need the cast. I have asked my professors for permission to change to online classes, so I can work from home. Other than that, I will be bored out of my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment