Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Observations of Little Ones

I am officially a second year student at NRCC. Classes began on August 26th and so far things seem to be fine. My teachers seem decent enough and my classes have been interesting.
This semester I am taking CHD 120 also known as Introduction to Early Childhood. Our main project is to spend ten hours observing the children at the Early Learning Center. We have had about five classes expressing the different variations of Observation.
The one I completed today was the Frequency Count where we watched the children and made tally marks on good or bad behavior.
I came in during the last part of nap time so it was easy for the first thirty minutes. Although it was kind of hard to pick my way through the room to do a head count and not step on anyone.
for the most part the kids were pretty well behaved, except one little girl didn't want to get up from her nap and it took the teacher plus the interns about 30 minutes to get her to get up and put away her nap stuff. It was so hard for me not to be able to sit down and play with them or what have you. Well, I have eight more hours of observation time left, so I will update more when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment