Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Radio Diary

About 2 weeks ago I get a packet in the mail from the Nielsen Media group. I open it up and find 5 dollars and a TV diary asking me to keep track of what we watch. What I noticed was that I watch the most TV, and that Aaron and I don't watch as much as I thought we did.
Well yesterday I get another packet from these guys asking us to keep a radio diary.
This is interesting. I usually listen to my music list from playlist.com or satellite radio from dish network ( 50s, 80s, 90s and the Hairbands) and other than NPR while driving to and from work, the only other "radio" Aaron listens to is ESPN radio streamed through the Internet, while he works. Luckily they count Internet and satellite radio listening, otherwise that diary would be useless. Either way it ought to be interesting to see if we watch more TV or listen to the radio more often.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't listened to true radio in years, all the music I love is on my mp3 player- my radio diary would be very thin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're doing the radio diary too even though I told them on the phone that I don't listen to much radio, they're like, "but we'll give you money for doing the survey" So I promptly said Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are doing the same survey. I'm pretty much "car listener" only so it will be more of a driving diary.

    ReplyDelete